tezombie

Reviewing / Discussing NEW attacking advance instruction - 'Defensive'

I also simulated the same game twice, one with Mazzitelli on defensive, and one without. I used Master League, sim only so I had no input into the game. I saved the game before starting the game so I could start both matches with the same arrows. Ironically Mazza was on a blue!

The team before the game, both times

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2018_20170917154222

Mazza selected as defensive on attacking instructions 

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2018_20170917155331

Look at the heat map, aside from a corner his heat map was never in the final attacking quarter!

Mazza not selected as defensive on attacking instructions 

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2018_20170917161708

Same opponent, same team, same arrows, same formation, same tactics apart from Mazza being free to attack. Completely different  heat map!

• Like 2

Yeah i always loved the fact that you could make tactical moves and make your team play like in real life, i always have different types of  advanced tactics, whit a good formation and a tactic that suits your team even a 2,5 star team could beat 4 star or 5 star teams even against experienced players, youl not have maybe 10 shots on goal per game but if you use those 3   4 good chances sometimes thats enough. I always used regular teams mostly from some smaller leagues from asia or rest of europe teams its always fun winning against those who always play real madrid or barcelona

It's like the Anchor Man play style, but in Advanced instructions

Wonder what happens if you give it to a CF? :lol: 

I like how in the clip, he doesn't go all down to the defensive line and does offer support to the attack.

I've used this with my DMF when I got attacking fullbacks on. Last year when I had that on the DMF dropped to the line, but this year I've seen my CMFs covering the fullbacks and I don't want them to do that :D

7 minutes ago, MB 11 said:

It's like the Anchor Man play style, but in Advanced instructions

Wonder what happens if you give it to a CF? :lol: 

I assume this would be the case, but its not like that. Basically the player never goes further than his alloted position, so a CMF will stay in the CMF role, I assume a CF will stand around the 18 yard to 30 yard mark, scratching their arse instead of attacking. Fullbacks - they should stay with the CBs but not tried that. Anchor men specifically sit with the centrebacks. 

7 minutes ago, Jookoi said:

I like how in the clip, he doesn't go all down to the defensive line and does offer support to the attack.

I've used this with my DMF when I got attacking fullbacks on. Last year when I had that on the DMF dropped to the line, but this year I've seen my CMFs covering the fullbacks and I don't want them to do that :D

Yeah, that captured it better than I could have hoped - being there means he wins a lot of midfield interceptions so it works well!

Edited by tezombie

Really like this, stop my full backs going walkies

• Like 2

Little gripe with the game on this one...  should be a player setting not advanced tactic. Should be able to select this on as many as you like

But apart from that. Very useful setting

• Like 1

I've been using this for tom huddlestone who has the perfect for dmf but also a build up card which made him wander forward now with this on he sits infront of my back four a never goes forward which is fricking perfect.  

@tezombieWorks well with fullbacks, when used against some wing spam :)

• Like 2

On 17/09/2017 at 3:23 PM, tezombie said:

Love some defending, so thought I would try this advanced tactic out, and see what happens. Excuse the s**t video, I cobbled it together on sharefactory, but it shows quickly how a player reacts with this instruction on, and then without. 

The production value is surprisingly good for just using sharefactory :up: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/09/2017 at 6:45 AM, donkeyhugger said:

Little gripe with the game on this one...  should be a player setting not advanced tactic. Should be able to select this on as many as you like

But apart from that. Very useful setting

100% agree. I think that's true with many of the "advanced" tactics as well – iirc they did that kind of thing on FIFA a few versions back. PES used to have it perfect with the arrow system too.

Konami are so bloody frustrating at times. The tactical options are overloaded. We can choose low support range, but have long-pass build-up. Or we can have counter attack but tiki taka selected, while using a low defensive mindset. There's no clarity on what would take priority, and too many options appear to do the same thing. Then, as you say, some things should just be individual player instructions, not tactical one-offs. 

• Like 3