Goat261

Next player indicator - must read!

Yeah I've turned mine off. I think the AI is trying to do "too much" with the cursor on, and it f**ks up the defending. Much better without. 

I turned it off too yeah

Didnt like it

I thought there would be a way to change the next player cursor too (L2 instead of L1 for example)

Turned it off in the beta and the minute I installed the game.

I really like it and had no issues with it so far

• Like 1

Got on my tits so I turned it off after the first game 

I felt as though I was just getting to grips with it but I shall see how it plays without it cheers. 

1 hour ago, Goat261 said:

@Seanachais recommended i turn this off when i mentioned my defence wasnt reacting to anything and i couldnt select players i wanted to control. So i turned it off and it has made a huge difference to my defence, no idea why, there must be some kind of bug. Other pen members have said they noticed a big difference too.

So turn next player indicator off lads. and see if that helps with your defending.

Thanks for the tip

I did on the demo too, certainly feels like improved, but also may be a placebo effect, because second indictor usually distracts me.

• Like 2

I think player switching is broke whether the indicator is on or off.

Some crazy switching going on at times, not touching anything while chasing back & it changes between 2 players before getting back to the one you originally had.. in which time you've hit the stick to get it back & switches again

No problem for me. 

But then again I'm still playing 17. 😱

• Haha 2

I have everything off, but having a lot of problems with player switching and defence reactions when (finally) switching.

• Like 1

Turned this off after 1 game on the beta and had it off since. Was too distracting. Too much stuff going on as I prefer minimal info on the screen hence why I play without the power bar and name plates  

I don't  have an issue with player switching but don't use R-Stick as I can't get used to it.  Always use L1 and would say that I rarely have a issue selecting the right player. 

Getting along with the defending better with each game as it's now much more manual and back to being position based. Pressure or double pressure at the wrong time or all the time and you will be well screwed. 

23 minutes ago, Phillyrich said:

Turned this off after 1 game on the beta and had it off since. Was too distracting. Too much stuff going on as I prefer minimal info on the screen hence why I play without the power bar and name plates  

I don't  have an issue with player switching but don't use R-Stick as I can't get used to it.  Always use L1 and would say that I rarely have a issue selecting the right player. 

Getting along with the defending better with each game as it's now much more manual and back to being position based. Pressure or double pressure at the wrong time or all the time and you will be well screwed. 

yeah man

same reason i turned it off myself.... i also had playernames showing on the cursor for 1 match... :shootme: , way too much

What do people think about the player switching now? I saw Bhatti tweeted that there's a fix coming in the patch.. 

Do you still think it's related to the next player indicator? I'm uncertain myself. I hated the indicator on the beta, and turned it off. But I've gotten used to it now. Tbh, I'd like to keep the defensive one, and turn off the attacking one. 

I've kept it on, I quite like it. 

Turned it off after 2 thumpings by @DJTruckstop76 last night where my defenders were just unresponsive, ignoring passes they could have easily reached, not making tackles and players as whole taking extra touches for no reason.

Drew the next game and won the one after that, it stays off for me now. Defence was much more on it without the indicator.

Not blaming the indicator for the defeats as such because DJ was/is the much better player but I felt at an even bigger handicap with it on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Turned it off after 2 thumpings by @DJTruckstop76 last night where my defenders were just unresponsive, ignoring passes they could have easily reached, not making tackles and players as whole taking extra touches for no reason.

Drew the next game and won the one after that, it stays off for me now. Defence was much more on it without the indicator.

Not blaming the indicator for the defeats as such because DJ was/is the much better player but I felt at an even bigger handicap with it on. 

It is weird, because I still have it on. I keep it on, because now atleast I get a warning when I am not getting a player I need if I need to quick switch with L1. I agree it takes time to get used to, but I dont believe it affects the gamemechanics.

• Like 1

Just now, RiQ1987 said:

It is weird, because I still have it on. I keep it on, because now atleast I get a warning when I am not getting a player I need if I need to quick switch with L1. I agree it takes time to get used to, but I dont believe it affects the gamemechanics.

I wasn't even looking for it with it on. My players just were unresponsive. It's weird because it didn't seem to have an effect in every game. 

I hated the new one, but I dont even use L1 to change, so wasnt really an option to keep it on.

Still really like it and don't have an issue with unresponsive players

I have a confession on my initial hatred of player switching... I had left it on default so it did what the f**k it wanted :getmecoat:

Since changing it Ive found it much more responsive to switching (although the players themselves morons at times) 

Going to give the 2nd indicator another chance

Are the people who are experiencing problems only using the right stick to switch? @Goat261 @Seanachais @ClaretMatt @dortaboy @Qvart @Phoenixhako @Rdotman @Bluebird?

Because there might be the problem, I think the second cursor is only available for a quick L1 switch, I use me right stick when I dont want the player with the second cursor. If you only use the right stick, that might explain why it rarely/never switches to the second cursor player, so then it gets f**ked. 

• Like 2