BirdPersonC137

Just started a new challenge mode ML and...

Birmingham City owners want me promoted in my first season. Just got f**king fired in my last game because I got 11th instead of top 9 with the default PES line-up. This is going to be ugly.

• Like 3

Though I do now see that Birmingham City is about 1000x times better than the PES default line-up... perhaps  there is hope yet.

For those eagerly following this conversation with myself I would like you to know that this post is now a PSA to never use the default PES line-up. I'm cruising and crushing the opposition because:

1) no longer have s**t players

2) Have an actual transfer budget (same team, but I guess choosing PES line up means you are a masochist)

3) Players are actually willing to join my club

Do yourself a favor and just pick the club line-up. Almost seems too easy now to be honest, but at least it isn't the drudge my last ML was.

• Like 2

I used to sink hours a day into ML... the thrill of managing a 1-0 enough times to afford Babangida was awesome lol

• Like 2

Just now, donkeyhugger said:

I used to sink hours a day into ML... the thrill of managing a 1-0 enough times to afford Babangida was awesome lol

Seems like the CPU felt pity for me or something. Signed up Erding, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Teó Gutiérrez right off the bat--on Challenge mode no less! :lol:

• Haha 1

i always think 'this is the year ill sink my teeth into ML again' ....i still havent played it since pes 3 :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently have a challenge mode going with Barca. Once all the kits are released for PESWorld I'll start a new one from a lower league.

16 hours ago, donkeyhugger said:

:drool:Babangida,recoba,davids,shevchenko

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BirdPersonC137 said:

For those eagerly following this conversation with myself I would like you to know that this post is now a PSA to never use the default PES line-up. I'm cruising and crushing the opposition because:

1) no longer have s**t players

2) Have an actual transfer budget (same team, but I guess choosing PES line up means you are a masochist)

3) Players are actually willing to join my club

Do yourself a favor and just pick the club line-up. Almost seems too easy now to be honest, but at least it isn't the drudge my last ML was

Been playing online only since i got the game.

Will probably try Master league today.

Thanks for info

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nizaam said:

:drool:Babangida,recoba,davids,shevchenko

Oh man it was always the pinnacle to get Schevchenko. And I remember how much his face was changed every year before they got it right 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Started a normal one yesterday on Superstar as Benevento.. Default ML line-up, and they sure do suck :lol: Think I transfer listed 70% of the s**t bags. CF with 52 dribbling?! See ya

Signed this guy to play up front though, poor man's Lukaku. :D 

http://pesdb.net/pes2018/?id=110268

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MB 11 said:

Started a normal one yesterday on Superstar as Benevento.. Default ML line-up, and they sure do suck :lol: Think I transfer listed 70% of the s**t bags. CF with 52 dribbling?! See ya

Signed this guy to play up front though, poor man's Lukaku. :D 

http://pesdb.net/pes2018/?id=110268

How is Superstar? I remember in 17 I thought it felt very boring and all the teams played the same style. Are the games varied? Is it actually enjoyable? I am having some guilt because all of the sudden I am destroying the AI and am on 8 wins in a row. Just beat Man City in the second round of the FA cup :lol:

f**king hated 17 ML with superstar, all teams same style.  You're right there

• Like 1