When people who should have been swallowed not conceived start knocking the ball around the back after 30 minutes, what can I do to improve my chances of cutting it out / closing them down / winning the ball back?  There must be a way to make that more difficult for them!?!?!?  Any suggestions? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gegen-Press, Man-Mark his defensive players with your attackers, put your Attack slider on Red, manually push your defensive line higher.

• Like 2

Frontline pressure and manmarking SBs and CBs.

A highly offensive manager on tactic 2 or 3 helps.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xxflamminghotxx said:

When people who should have been swallowed not conceived start knocking the ball around the back after 30 minutes, what can I do to improve my chances of cutting it out / closing them down / winning the ball back?  There must be a way to make that more difficult for them!?!?!?  Any suggestions? 

:lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Gegen-Press, Man-Mark his defensive players with your attackers, put your Attack slider on Red, manually push your defensive line higher.

That is great advice. I will use this. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xxflamminghotxx said:

@Lisoti :facepalm:

:shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Walk away till game is over .

kick f**k outta telly 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Cheers for the advice, I'll try that.

Just out of interest are people finding it harder to win on this game with weaker teams than in previous years? 

28 minutes ago, xxflamminghotxx said:

Cheers for the advice, I'll try that.

Just out of interest are people finding it harder to win on this game with weaker teams than in previous years? 

Yes. I am, although it is early in the game's life.

Used to do well with the Schalkes and River Plates of Divisions but against someone that knows how to play, it can be hard work.

I played a lot of online Divisions last year using Dinamo Zagreb (2.5*) and did very well. Tried them this year vs a Madrid user and it was a waste of 15-minutes LOL. The opponent wasn't especially good (IMO) but it was too difficult (for me at least) to defend the front three and breach the back 4; midfield was boys against men - as the trio of Kroos, Modric and Isco over-ran my 5 man MF by one-touch passing through them at pace. Like I said, a waste of 15-minutes. Lost 3-1.

I'm competitive with Zenit who I've been using as my compromise option for a lower rated team but even then every game vs anyone remotely decent using in form PSG/Barca/Madrid/United/Belgium/Man City is a dog-fight for the win; just the right side of bearable/challenging to be enjoyable - shame as Zenit are considered 4* and PSG 4.5* but the gulf in quality is ridiculous.

Edited by Sunzibad

53 minutes ago, Kitchengun206 said:

@Lisoti :facepalm:

:shifty:

hahaha I cleared my name years ago, dont you dare to drag me bag.

coming to think of it,  in the end it formed a solid fundamental for ball possesion and passing ability

• Like 1

Use super cancel and anticipate their next pass and use square to press.

1 hour ago, Sunzibad said:

Used to do well with the Schalkes and River Plates of Divisions but against someone that knows how to play, it can be hard work.

I played a lot of online Divisions last year using Dinamo Zagreb (2.5*) and did very well. Tried them this year vs a Madrid user and it was a waste of 15-minutes LOL. The opponent wasn't especially good (IMO) but it was too difficult (for me at least) to defend the front three and breach the back 4; midfield was boys against men - as the trio of Kroos, Modric and Isco over-ran my 5 man MF by one-touch passing through them at pace. Like I said, a waste of 15-minutes. Lost 3-1.

I'm competitive with Zenit who I've been using as my compromise option for a lower rated team but even then every game vs anyone remotely decent using in form PSG/Barca/Madrid/United/Belgium/Man City is a dog-fight for the win; just the right side of bearable/challenging to be enjoyable - shame as Zenit are considered 4* and PSG 4.5* but the gulf in quality is ridiculous.

I managed to get to Division 6 with Burnley, Huddersfield and Jiangsu Suning but I took some tonkings along the way. I always seem to be close on game stats but am often a million miles away with score line. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunzibad said:

Personally I think it's jjust a case of adapting your style of play against these pookeynoodles. ;)

10 hours ago, xxflamminghotxx said:

I managed to get to Division 6 with Burnley, Huddersfield and Jiangsu Suning but I took some tonkings along the way. I always seem to be close on game stats but am often a million miles away with score line. 

You're in the right place on PEN, if those are the sort of teams you like using - get involved in our League mate; every game is virtually 3* or Lower.

Got to Div 2 last year using River and Dinamo with Marseille as my deficit team, for when I had earned enough points to use a stronger team. Marseille were a bit of cheaty team because they were regularly on A-Form and kept within in the Team Rating cap (think they were 536 strength) despite boasting the likes of Thauvin, Payet, Gomis, Cabella - couldn't get in to D1 as the points requirement was pretty significant and the match-making is vanilla regardless of your Division; having to scrap it out with 550-600 point teams against the big boys not easy... or fun after the first half a dozen attempts.

53 minutes ago, Stoilkys said:

Personally I think it's jjust a case of adapting your style of play against these pookeynoodles. ;)

Yeah, true - but if its about getting the result, I'm better off just picking a 4*-5* and going toe-to-toe; like to mix it up on purpose.

Would rather call it a night and stop playing, than use the same Top Teams every single game. That's not to say that I don't use them. Ironically, whenever I've used them I've been pitted against someone using a more interesting team like Leipzig or Stoke etc. When I use the interesting team I, more often than not, end up facing a top team ha ha ha.

All fun and games. 

1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

You're in the right place on PEN, if those are the sort of teams you like using - get involved in our League mate; every game is virtually 3* or Lower.

Got to Div 2 last year using River and Dinamo with Marseille as my deficit team, for when I had earned enough points to use a stronger team. Marseille were a bit of cheaty team because they were regularly on A-Form and kept within in the Team Rating cap (think they were 536 strength) despite boasting the likes of Thauvin, Payet, Gomis, Cabella - couldn't get in to D1 as the points requirement was pretty significant and the match-making is vanilla regardless of your Division; having to scrap it out with 550-600 point teams against the big boys not easy... or fun after the first half a dozen attempts.

Yeah, true - but if its about getting the result, I'm better off just picking a 4*-5* and going toe-to-toe; like to mix it up on purpose.

Would rather call it a night and stop playing, than use the same Top Teams every single game. That's not to say that I don't use them. Ironically, whenever I've used them I've been pitted against someone using a more interesting team like Leipzig or Stoke etc. When I use the interesting team I, more often than not, end up facing a top team ha ha ha.

All fun and games. 

Same here mate, I often lose badly but when I get those rare resuls that go my way it's a Frillypink feeling. 

I had one yesterday where I scored a 86 minute equaliser with Gremio (manual) against PSG and the guy was a pookeynoodle, he spent the last 10 minutes of the 1st half passing around his back four. I could'nt help but troll him on PSN (I know very childish) but it was so satisfying. lol  *nods*  

Possession :rock:

If you're not aiming for the high 60s, you're doing it wrong.

16 hours ago, xxflamminghotxx said:

A great description for these kinds of people, will use that one thanks :up: 

Most teams are setting up with Aggressive Pressing & High Lines on this PES due to the ease of possession-based play. You need to try and get the ball back ASAP or else the game can turn into a bit of a slog. Personally I think the nature of the gameplay will force even more slaggy play this year. 

2 hours ago, Oldeuboi said:

Possession :rock:

If you're not aiming for the high 60s, you're doing it wrong.

I don’t care about possession stats, even if you only have 40% of the ball the game will give you good chances on the break. 

On the subject of sperm rats, I can't find the thread where we discussed SpinUltra – a notorious lagcheat. I know @Clarkof made a video of him once (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7TfXI8hHYc). I tweeted a screenshot of a Google search of the guys' offences to officialpes Twitter — of course no response.

Anyway, I was dreading playing against the twat. But I did, and beat him comfortably, despite his uber gegenpress fouling game. And towards the end, it starts lagging. I'm thinking "Oh here we go". Except for whatever reason, he doesn't go through with it. 

Then he messages me, "Well done lagger". So I thought I'd rile him up a bit. Turns out he is *proper* deluded. Admits to voiding games, but does so only against laggers, apparently :lol: 

Here's the convo:

ryPxQyc.jpg

8 hours ago, Janguv said:

On the subject of sperm rats, I can't find the thread where we discussed SpinUltra – a notorious lagcheat. I know @Clarkof made a video of him once (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7TfXI8hHYc). I tweeted a screenshot of a Google search of the guys' offences to officialpes Twitter — of course no response.

Anyway, I was dreading playing against the twat. But I did, and beat him comfortably, despite his uber gegenpress fouling game. And towards the end, it starts lagging. I'm thinking "Oh here we go". Except for whatever reason, he doesn't go through with it. 

Then he messages me, "Well done lagger". So I thought I'd rile him up a bit. Turns out he is *proper* deluded. Admits to voiding games, but does so only against laggers, apparently :lol: 

Here's the convo:

ryPxQyc.jpg

That guy for sure has problems. :lol:

• Like 1