Jump to content
NikoNikolson

Playing Styles - how important?

Recommended Posts

how big of a difference do you notice? And which you like most and why? Any you rather not have? Some i dont have any recent experience of are hole player, build-up, fox in the box and creative playmaker.

Also players with no playing style say a forward or midfielder does it matter at all, play better or worse usually?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pick playstyle over players all the time. 

Defensive fullbacks - they never attack this year. Unless you manually tell them to make a run. If you put your slider on attack then they do help out, so you can control their defensive stance with ease. Or have attacking fullbacks as an instruction and switch on if needed. 

Anchorman - my favourite card. Love having that DMF who genuinly sits in front of the defence. 

Prolific winger - live how they drift in and around the 18 yard box. Seems to give them a lot more movement. 

Dummy runner - if you need space in a tight game dummy runners are essential as they drag opposing players everywhere they go, leaving gaps in the process.

Goal poacher - always make runs in and around the defensive line. Lethal card if passes are times right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best example for a Hole Player is Robin Lod, have him on MyClub, and really like him. 

Makes great runs as a CMF behind the defence when not expected. Has scored plenty from those :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tezombie said:

I pick playstyle over players all the time. 

Defensive fullbacks - they never attack this year. Unless you manually tell them to make a run. If you put your slider on attack then they do help out, so you can control their defensive stance with ease. Or have attacking fullbacks as an instruction and switch on if needed. 

Anchorman - my favourite card. Love having that DMF who genuinly sits in front of the defence. 

Prolific winger - live how they drift in and around the 18 yard box. Seems to give them a lot more movement. 

Dummy runner - if you need space in a tight game dummy runners are essential as they drag opposing players everywhere they go, leaving gaps in the process.

Goal poacher - always make runs in and around the defensive line. Lethal card if passes are times right. 

yeah m8 i want to try more of them.

loved  Benitez with dummy runner. Goal Poachers seem to score more for me aswell and i think they're always preferred By many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jookoi said:

My best example for a Hole Player is Robin Lod, have him on MyClub, and really like him. 

Makes great runs as a CMF behind the defence when not expected. Has scored plenty from those :D

Yeah its a fairly common card or was atleast, but i only now have one in Forestieri i just bought, doubt hole player is active when playing SS though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like hole player for my AMF and prolific wingers. 

Creative playmakers as wingers are a bit of a nightmare. They don't stay on the wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ParrishJ said:

I like hole player for my AMF and prolific wingers. 

Creative playmakers as wingers are a bit of a nightmare. They don't stay on the wing. 

Those creative playmaker wingers sound like my cup of tea. :search:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ParrishJ said:

I like hole player for my AMF and prolific wingers. 

Creative playmakers as wingers are a bit of a nightmare. They don't stay on the wing. 

 damn shame fetfatzidis isnt a creative playmaker ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NikoNikolson said:

 damn shame fetfatzidis isnt a creative playmaker ;) 

I'm not sure I follow sorry matey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ParrishJ said:

I'm not sure I follow sorry matey

Me neither m8 hah i was tired. Maybe youd sell him if he was i think i wasvtryimg to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NikoNikolson said:

Me neither m8 hah i was tired. Maybe youd sell him if he was i think i wasvtryimg to say

Ah ok aha. I get ya. Want to make you work for it, like roque Mesa last season. (And now I can't fit him in and your whoring him about! :cardY:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ParrishJ said:

Ah ok aha. I get ya. Want to make you work for it, like roque Mesa last season. (And now I can't fit him in and your whoring him about! :cardY:)

Haha i see. Decided to keep Mesa now though as hes only 2.5m wage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NikoNikolson said:

Haha i see. Decided to keep Mesa now though as hes only 2.5m wage

Hopefully Clement throws him in the starting XI soon so we can see what he can do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Front paring of a Goal Poacher & Hole player seems to create s**t ton more space than when I had 2 with target man card

on the look out for an anchorman but struggling to find one that would tempt me to part with Nakamba at DMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pairing styles and fitting to your own style might be more important imo, for instance I dont like Target Man alone dropping deep but Target Man - Goal Poacher usually worked best for me. 

Also i like Goal poachers as alone striker/ss but if you overdose possession he tires up quickly.

Prefer destroyer in DMF but Anchorman does what he intends to do well. My ideal mid would be b2b - destroyer - hole. 

Also players att/def prowess seem to be more effective in this version. 

Dislikes : Build-up DMF,  B2B Mid with low stamina, Creative Playmaker, Defensive Keeper, never understood what extra frontmen does (my best bet is performance boost when used as an attacker).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defensive SBs was a nightmare in previous versions and l agree with Parrish regarding the creative wingers, yuck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, donkeyhugger said:

Front paring of a Goal Poacher & Hole player seems to create s**t ton more space than when I had 2 with target man card

on the look out for an anchorman but struggling to find one that would tempt me to part with Nakamba at DMF

Yeah i used to have 4 target men at one point in Kramer, Mitroglou and Koka, and Eder :D and i rarely crossed right @Kitchengun206.. Do you know if Hole player is active as SS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phoenixhako said:

Pairing styles and fitting to your own style might be more important imo, for instance I dont like Target Man alone dropping deep but Target Man - Goal Poacher usually worked best for me. 

Also i like Goal poachers as alone striker/ss but if you overdose possession he tires up quickly.

Prefer destroyer in DMF but Anchorman does what he intends to do well. My ideal mid would be b2b - destroyer - hole. 

Also players att/def prowess seem to be more effective in this version. 

Dislikes : Build-up DMF,  B2B Mid with low stamina, Creative Playmaker, Defensive Keeper, never understood what extra frontmen does (my best bet is performance boost when used as an attacker).

same here m8, targetman and dummy runner or goal poacher has worked for me better ithink. And if i played 1 up front id use a goal poacher too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NikoNikolson said:

Yeah i used to have 4 target men at one point in Kramer, Mitroglou and Koka, and Eder :D and i rarely crossed right @Kitchengun206.. Do you know if Hole player is active as SS?

Carroll Falcoa Kramer :drool:

Lord have mercy on the good ole days where one cross would get you 2 goals !:rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NikoNikolson said:

Yeah its a fairly common card or was atleast, but i only now have one in Forestieri i just bought, doubt hole player is active when playing SS though?

It will be greyed out if that is the case when you play them as SS. It lists the playstyle just above the position affinities if I recall. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BirdPersonC137 said:

It will be greyed out if that is the case when you play them as SS. It lists the playstyle just above the position affinities if I recall. 

yeah m8, hope its active, ill check tomorrow when i can get on ps4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NikoNikolson said:

yeah m8, hope its active, ill check tomorrow when i can get on ps4

It isn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Good:

Konami has very oddly switched the terms Poacher and Fox in the Box for the American version! As if they mean different things to us? Anyway, I had a good experience with what shows up in your game as "Fox in the Box" last season. 

Prolific Winger is always good as they cut in more as others have mentioned

Hole Player: Rarely hurts to make an aggressive run.

The Bad: I haven't tried it out in PES18, but in 2017 I think I really didn't like the Classic No 10... Not enough movement forward for me. I've heard that the Build Up for CBs can be a bit risky as they come too far forward as well. 

 

The Ugly: Actually more like I don't actually know what they do. How do the GK playstyles work? What about Destroyer? I have never really figured those out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BirdPersonC137 said:

The Good:

Konami has very oddly switched the terms Poacher and Fox in the Box for the American version! As if they mean different things to us? Anyway, I had a good experience with what shows up in your game as "Fox in the Box" last season. 

Prolific Winger is always good as they cut in more as others have mentioned

Hole Player: Rarely hurts to make an aggressive run.

The Bad: I haven't tried it out in PES18, but in 2017 I think I really didn't like the Classic No 10... Not enough movement forward for me. I've heard that the Build Up for CBs can be a bit risky as they come too far forward as well. 

 

The Ugly: Actually more like I don't actually know what they do. How do the GK playstyles work? What about Destroyer? I have never really figured those out.

ok didnt know that, odd. Profilic winger ive noticed good aswell i think. 

I had andre gomes as classic n.10 - best AMF ive ever had but could be just his stats then. As i tried classic.n10 after and was even looking for 1 but no longer worked this pes. 

GK i had kameni offensive, he ran more for through balls which i liked, compared to buffon (defensive) prefer offensive but buffon was good aswell ofc

Destroyer i have best experience with, had my first destroyer in Petros before reset was awesome, now same with Partey and Gabriel they seem to win By tackles more than interceptions as they press more but not too much either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×