Last Movie Watched

Lukewarm1337

Isle of Dogs

9/10

Feckin fantastic. Wes Anderson and an all-star cast with tonnes of hilarious quirks and awesome cinematography for a stop-motion animated film.

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

The Florida Project.

Amazingly real story about a mum and daughter living in a Motel near Disneyland.

8/10

Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri.

My film of the year so far. Unbelievably dark comedy.

9/10

Just finished watching the film 'The Jungle' 

6/10 (I only rate awesome films 8's or 9's+)

A true story film about 3 backpackers in Bolivia in the early 80's who decide to follow a stranger who promised hidden amazonian tribles into the jungle on a trek. Story of survival. 

A good watch, would recommend. 

Just watched 'Dark Tower' with the missus.  Based on a Stephen King book which I think is part of a set of stories.

Mathew Mcconaughey (spell) and Idris Elba are both good in it, young lad plays the lead. All about a tower which is the heartbeat of the universe and a sorcerer trying to destroy it using children. 

5/10 

Lacking a bit, not the best script. Still very watchable, bet the books ace. Would recommend. 

52 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Just watched 'Dark Tower' with the missus.  Based on a Stephen King book which I think is part of a set of stories.

Mathew Mcconaughey (spell) and Idris Elba are both good in it, young lad plays the lead. All about a tower which is the heartbeat of the universe and a sorcerer trying to destroy it using children. 

5/10 

Lacking a bit, not the best script. Still very watchable, bet the books ace. Would recommend. 

I watched this a couple of months ago. Personally quite enjoyed it (bit of a Stephen King fan tho). Thought the characters were good, but the story was a bit lost at times. But like you said, it's very watchable. 6.5/10 for me

Pitch perfect 7/10

Catch me if you can 10/10 classic

Defiance 8/10 great film 

1 minute ago, Lukewarm1337 said:

I watched this a couple of months ago. Personally quite enjoyed it (bit of a Stephen King fan tho). Thought the characters were good, but the story was a bit lost at times. But like you said, it's very watchable. 6.5/10 for me

Yeah I enjoyed it.  I'm stingy AF with my ratings for films, just because there's a few films out there that blow you away so have to rate others accordingly.

The Big Sick - excellent film - very funny - 8/10

Star Wars - The Last Jedi - good but it still doesn't 'feel' Star Warsy to me? 7/10

Jumanji 2 - ridiculously funny - Jack Black is HILARIOUS in this! 8/10

Bladerunner 2049 - A perfect homage to the original 8/10

• Like 3

I watched 'The Shape of Water' Last night.   I really like Guillermo Del Toro as a director and this didn't disappoint.

Not as good as Pans Labyrinth or The Orphanage but still a really good watch.

Typical Del Toro darkness throughout the film and a usual Del Toro setting. 

Synopsis is a mute women working at a government research facility who befriends a fish man ( :lol: )

6/10

Would recommend 

'The Way Back'

Was on Film 4 couple nights back - good powerful watch.

Highly recommended but not necessarily for everyone.

7.3/10 on the picture-scale (imdb)

Annihilation

Kind of a sci-fi horror movie, not memorable but worth a watch.

6.5/10

True Grit

Watched again, one of the western classics. Truly an excellent movie. Bridges the man :) 

9/10

On 01/04/2018 at 3:41 PM, Oldeuboi said:

The Florida Project.

Amazingly real story about a mum and daughter living in a Motel near Disneyland.

8/10

Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri.

My film of the year so far. Unbelievably dark comedy.

9/10

On 31/03/2018 at 8:49 PM, Oldeuboi said:

Isle of Dogs

9/10

Feckin fantastic. Wes Anderson and an all-star cast with tonnes of hilarious quirks and awesome cinematography for a stop-motion animated film.

We have exactly the same taste :rock: 

• Like 1

@Phoenixhako completely disagree about Annihilation - best sci fi film since Arrival and my favourite film of the year thus far. 9/10

The last film I saw was God’s Own Country (on Netflix) : solid British realism about a self-destructive young gay man stuck up on the Moors working on his Dad’s farm. Better than I’ve made it sound :lol:  8/10

10 hours ago, BenStatman said:

completely disagree about Annihilation - best sci fi film since Arrival and my favourite film of the year thus far. 9/10

I rate arrival 5 :) 

Tomb raider

6,5/10.......very watchable.....perfect for afternoon mindless watch......It did help that I was strangelly arroused by the new Lara....mix of beautifull face and strange combination of too skiny too buffed body did it for me

12 hours ago, BenStatman said:

@Phoenixhako completely disagree about Annihilation - best sci fi film since Arrival and my favourite film of the year thus far. 9/10

The last film I saw was God’s Own Country (on Netflix) : solid British realism about a self-destructive young gay man stuck up on the Moors working on his Dad’s farm. Better than I’ve made it sound :lol:  8/10

Have to agree with you about Annihilation and Arrival. Two of my favourite films of the last few years. Especially Arrival, I think I bored the tits off most people I know trying to explain how much I liked it. 

Most recent was Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron.

8/10 -  a good film. The action scenes were great with a lot of actual stunts and practical effects. 

• Like 1

I watched Jumanji with the missis the other day, alot better than I thought it would be. Didn't take itself very seriously and was a good watch. 

6/10

Watched The Commuter just after. Typical Liam Neeson film in both acting/style and direction (Are all his films from the same studio or something :lol:) A good watch though, better than a lot of his toher recent films. 

5/10

Three oldies in two days,  

Black cat white cat 9/10

Lock & Stock and two smoking barrels 9/10

Dark City 8/10 

By chance you did not watch them, do it now :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phoenixhako said:

Three oldies in two days,  

Black cat white cat 9/10

Lock & Stock and two smoking barrels 9/10

Dark City 8/10 

By chance you did not watch them, do it now :) 

That Dark City sounds good from a quick Google search. Will give it a gander