Jump to content

Last Movie Watched


Lukewarm1337
 Share

Recommended Posts

Isle of Dogs

9/10

Feckin fantastic. Wes Anderson and an all-star cast with tonnes of hilarious quirks and awesome cinematography for a stop-motion animated film.
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Florida Project.

Amazingly real story about a mum and daughter living in a Motel near Disneyland.

8/10

Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri.

My film of the year so far. Unbelievably dark comedy.

9/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished watching the film 'The Jungle' 

6/10 (I only rate awesome films 8's or 9's+)

 

A true story film about 3 backpackers in Bolivia in the early 80's who decide to follow a stranger who promised hidden amazonian tribles into the jungle on a trek. Story of survival. 

 

A good watch, would recommend. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched 'Dark Tower' with the missus.  Based on a Stephen King book which I think is part of a set of stories.

 

Mathew Mcconaughey (spell) and Idris Elba are both good in it, young lad plays the lead. All about a tower which is the heartbeat of the universe and a sorcerer trying to destroy it using children. 

 

5/10 

Lacking a bit, not the best script. Still very watchable, bet the books ace. Would recommend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Just watched 'Dark Tower' with the missus.  Based on a Stephen King book which I think is part of a set of stories.

 

Mathew Mcconaughey (spell) and Idris Elba are both good in it, young lad plays the lead. All about a tower which is the heartbeat of the universe and a sorcerer trying to destroy it using children. 

 

5/10 

Lacking a bit, not the best script. Still very watchable, bet the books ace. Would recommend. 

I watched this a couple of months ago. Personally quite enjoyed it (bit of a Stephen King fan tho). Thought the characters were good, but the story was a bit lost at times. But like you said, it's very watchable. 6.5/10 for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pitch perfect 7/10

Catch me if you can 10/10 classic

Defiance 8/10 great film 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lukewarm1337 said:

I watched this a couple of months ago. Personally quite enjoyed it (bit of a Stephen King fan tho). Thought the characters were good, but the story was a bit lost at times. But like you said, it's very watchable. 6.5/10 for me

Yeah I enjoyed it.  I'm stingy AF with my ratings for films, just because there's a few films out there that blow you away so have to rate others accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Big Sick - excellent film - very funny - 8/10

Star Wars - The Last Jedi - good but it still doesn't 'feel' Star Warsy to me? 7/10

Jumanji 2 - ridiculously funny - Jack Black is HILARIOUS in this! 8/10

Bladerunner 2049 - A perfect homage to the original 8/10

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched 'The Shape of Water' Last night.   I really like Guillermo Del Toro as a director and this didn't disappoint.

Not as good as Pans Labyrinth or The Orphanage but still a really good watch.

Typical Del Toro darkness throughout the film and a usual Del Toro setting. 

Synopsis is a mute women working at a government research facility who befriends a fish man ( :lol: )

6/10

Would recommend 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

'The Way Back'

Was on Film 4 couple nights back - good powerful watch.

Highly recommended but not necessarily for everyone.

7.3/10 on the picture-scale (imdb)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Annihilation

Kind of a sci-fi horror movie, not memorable but worth a watch.

6.5/10

 

True Grit

Watched again, one of the western classics. Truly an excellent movie. Bridges the man :) 

9/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/04/2018 at 3:41 PM, Oldeuboi said:

The Florida Project.

Amazingly real story about a mum and daughter living in a Motel near Disneyland.

8/10

Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri.

My film of the year so far. Unbelievably dark comedy.

9/10

 

On 31/03/2018 at 8:49 PM, Oldeuboi said:

Isle of Dogs

9/10

Feckin fantastic. Wes Anderson and an all-star cast with tonnes of hilarious quirks and awesome cinematography for a stop-motion animated film.
 

 

We have exactly the same taste :rock: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Phoenixhako completely disagree about Annihilation - best sci fi film since Arrival and my favourite film of the year thus far. 9/10

The last film I saw was God’s Own Country (on Netflix) : solid British realism about a self-destructive young gay man stuck up on the Moors working on his Dad’s farm. Better than I’ve made it sound :lol:  8/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BenStatman said:

completely disagree about Annihilation - best sci fi film since Arrival and my favourite film of the year thus far. 9/10

I rate arrival 5 :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomb raider

 

6,5/10.......very watchable.....perfect for afternoon mindless watch......It did help that I was strangelly arroused by the new Lara....mix of beautifull face and strange combination of too skiny too buffed body did it for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BenStatman said:

@Phoenixhako completely disagree about Annihilation - best sci fi film since Arrival and my favourite film of the year thus far. 9/10

The last film I saw was God’s Own Country (on Netflix) : solid British realism about a self-destructive young gay man stuck up on the Moors working on his Dad’s farm. Better than I’ve made it sound :lol:  8/10

Have to agree with you about Annihilation and Arrival. Two of my favourite films of the last few years. Especially Arrival, I think I bored the tits off most people I know trying to explain how much I liked it. 

Most recent was Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron.

8/10 -  a good film. The action scenes were great with a lot of actual stunts and practical effects. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched Jumanji with the missis the other day, alot better than I thought it would be. Didn't take itself very seriously and was a good watch. 

 

6/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched The Commuter just after. Typical Liam Neeson film in both acting/style and direction (Are all his films from the same studio or something :lol:) A good watch though, better than a lot of his toher recent films. 

5/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three oldies in two days,  

Black cat white cat 9/10

Lock & Stock and two smoking barrels 9/10

Dark City 8/10 

By chance you did not watch them, do it now :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Phoenixhako said:

Three oldies in two days,  

Black cat white cat 9/10

Lock & Stock and two smoking barrels 9/10

Dark City 8/10 

By chance you did not watch them, do it now :) 

That Dark City sounds good from a quick Google search. Will give it a gander

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...