Does playing a LWF as SS make much difference on his performance?

IMO No

It's not as if its a substantial drop in OVR and his function is still the same. 

1 hour ago, Gerrardiinho said:

I like to keep my attackers very close in my formation for fast tiki taka play.

Now M.Salah is 89 as a LWF but only 84 as a SS when I move him closer to my CF.

Does the drop in rating make a big difference?

I disagree with zee but not for reasons of the OVR rating.

Salah only has SS as a B position, I'm of the belief that playing players in a B position or worse applies a negative effect to their stats.

If Salah had SS as an A position then the only difference moving to SS would make is it would deactivate his Roaming Flank playstyle (thus changing his movement off the ball).

OVR rating means f**k all, it's just an equation based on their stats relevant to the position they're playing in.  It doesn't actually change their ability.  A 80 OVR CF with 90 Finishing will still have 90 Finishing if played at WF and their rating drops to 70 (assuming they have WF as an A Position).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ClaretMatt said:

Salah only has SS as a B position, I'm of the belief that playing players in a B position or worse applies a negative effect to their stats.

If Salah had SS as an A position then the only difference moving to SS would make is it would deactivate his Roaming Flank playstyle (thus changing his movement off the ball).

OVR rating means f**k all, it's just an equation based on their stats relevant to the position they're playing in.  It doesn't actually change their ability.  A 80 OVR CF with 90 Finishing will still have 90 Finishing if played at WF and their rating drops to 70 (assuming they have WF as an A Position).

Interesting read thanks for that. I will just test it out I guess best way to see the difference.

No. When I had Perotti he was far superior as a SS than LWF. His mix of cards and creative playmaker style suited the role perfectly. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gerrardiinho said:

Interesting read thanks for that. I will just test it out I guess best way to see the difference.

Yeah sometimes the best way is to play, and not just one game but half a dozen so you get used to the player in a role and then can utilise him better. 

On 9/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, ClaretMatt said:

This is correct

5 hours ago, MB 11 said:

This is correct

Is it? I always thought so aswell. But I am hearing more and more people say ABC position does not matter at all. I am not so sure anymore, still play everyone A positions tho.

I always thought A positions mattered hugely. But after using my AMF bal as RWF many times when he doesn’t have it even as a C position - and it doesn’t seem to affect him 

Tbh why should it be detrimental

obviously using a CF as a CB ain’t gonna end well but using a CF as a SS is surely utilising similar stats?

for example if i use Martinez as SS (81) is he going to be less dangerous thannas a CF (85)

2 minutes ago, Bullstein said:

Tbh why should it be detrimental

obviously using a CF as a CB ain’t gonna end well but using a CF as a SS is surely utilising similar stats?

for example if i use Martinez as SS (81) is he going to be less dangerous thannas a CF (85)

The well believed train of thought is that playing a player out of their position negatively influences stats. So playing a CF as a WF who doesn’t have it as an a position will change - 7% finishing - 7%kick power -7% stamina (stats and percentages used As an example)

I think this was proven in previous games from a long time ago with even a chart to display the info that people have pulled from the PC version IIRC  (similar to the form chart) 

But whether it still is such an issue is unknown. I think more so on myclub where chemistry is a thing, maybe it matters there. 

I play [url=http://pesdb.net/pes2021/?id=103269]A. ESITI[/url] as CB where he is the same man mountain as when he plays in his regular DMF position.

o9mbil7.jpg

I play David Luiz ay DMF, and tbh he's an absolute monster there  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bullstein said:

I play David Luiz ay DMF, and tbh he's an absolute monster there  

Luiz is A position DMF though. 

6 hours ago, RenPalmeiras said:

Anderson Esiti link:  http://pesdb.net/pes2021/?id=103269

but not this guy. Is he just as good at CB?

2 hours ago, wheresmark said:

but not this guy. Is he just as good at CB?

Yes, covered at CB for me hundreds of times.