Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Trying to Pro Evo Reddit


Recommended Posts

Long-term goal is to get more in specifically on xbox and even possibly xbox team-play but shameless self-promotion is seemingly not allowed after my opening post and a couple of comments I added got canned. The PES community on here is massive but as you can see, full of MyClub fans...

For reddit users, can I ask that you add comments, upvote posts etc. where possible/practical and I'll slowly plug away and try and garner more interest before directly mentioning PEN, adjusting my banner, avatar, etc.

 

Cheers in advance, feel free to share any tips you have too

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've brought PEN up to one of the itk guys on Twitter a few times, but it's like the MyClub crowd are impermeable to anything else, it's like PA3, Messi and Ronaldo is fundamentally ingrained in what they see in PES.

I've done a couple shameless PEN promotions on Reddit before, even with them removing it, it brought some people in.

Maybe an alternative could be to see if it would be possible to create a Pro Evo Network subreddit? Or simply open a PEN live auction or transfer thread on Reddit somewhere to make people curious?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RenPalmeiras said:

Maybe an alternative could be to see if it would be possible to create a Pro Evo Network subreddit? Or simply open a PEN live auction or transfer thread on Reddit somewhere to make people curious?

Having just joined Reddit I understood everything until this paragraph. I'll get there in time maybe... :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

In relation to the rest of what you said, I'm seeing the same @RenPalmeiras... Guys continually complaining about scripting on MyClub but also only ever playing MyClub and a lot of posts with proof that the game is broken and again, from people that only play that mode

Find it a bit weird that real Pro Evo fans remember the old ML days fondly yet prefer to play MyClub now

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlondeDan said:

Having just joined Reddit I understood everything until this paragraph. I'll get there in time maybe... :D

To create a subreddit we need somebody in PEN with a Reddit account older than 30 days and with some positive ammount of karma/upvotes. Once that is done, it will be basically a PEN branch on Reddit, where Davo can auction players, goal of the month voting could be done there, Rambo's grudge matches hosted, basically any kind of promotion without censorship.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlondeDan said:

In relation to the rest of what you said, I'm seeing the same @RenPalmeiras... Guys continually complaining about scripting on MyClub but also only ever playing MyClub and a lot of posts with proof that the game is broken and again, from people that only play that mode

Find it a bit weird that real Pro Evo fans remember the old ML days fondly yet prefer to play MyClub now

I remember that most of the interest came from PC players, a few from PS4. Most have no idea a league is even possible, as seen how everybody that joins PEN struggles to assemble and load a team at first.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on Reddit constantly and the PES subreddit is absurd with all the complaining about MyClub, yet the same people continie to play it as if it's the only mode available. I've mentioned here a few times without actually mentioning the site name because of the rules they have there, but I can definitely post a couple times here and there to try get some people in. 

I'd second that making a PEN subreddit would be a decent idea. Frillypink to have presence on social media where people might stumble on it/it can be linked to. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bradalee21 said:

I'm on Reddit constantly and the PES subreddit is absurd with all the complaining about MyClub, yet the same people continie to play it as if it's the only mode available. I've mentioned here a few times without actually mentioning the site name because of the rules they have there, but I can definitely post a couple times here and there to try get some people in. 

I'd second that making a PEN subreddit would be a decent idea. Frillypink to have presence on social media where people might stumble on it/it can be linked to. 

Cheers mate, I'll try sort a subreddit when I qualify. Appreciate the comments :up:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

That's great news!

First things first, everybody in PEN should join the community to get it going, preferably with the same name used here. As an incentive, Davo could either offer some PENce, or have someone write down all the names of those who joined there and ask Rambo to pick one from a hat on Twitch, the prize could be a "mystery" player or free wages... Then open a thread in there to link the video.

In there several events can be hosted, like PEN TV grudge matches, auctions, goal of the month, PEN kit competition, PEN Got Talent, etc.

One of those threads where we compare our teams with links to pendb could generate some interest.

Your players IRL thread.

A sticked up thread with a video introduction to PEN and links to the site, forum, pendb, PEN Twitter and the spreadsheet.

PS and Xbox leagues sign up thread with links to where to sign up in PEN.

Maybe we could open some transfer threads in there to get visitors curious?

Ratio league thread with link to join and table.

  • Awesome! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

have an account for 5 months but not sure how to join the community :D not very active there just browsing now and then. 1 Karma

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, Fubar said:

have an account for 5 months but not sure how to join the community :D not very active there just browsing now and then. 1 Karma

Just click on it and click Join I think - only had my account for a month and not really done much tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now