PES 2021 11x11 - "The Football Academy" - Total Football/TikiTaka Football Compilation

On 2/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, EntraineurJDP said:

The epic music notwithstanding, I don't really get blown away seeing people play triangles in 11s with pass assistance. It's not something that requires a boatload of skill or footballing intelligence, is it? You see more remarkable football in the 11s FUMA leagues that many here play in. And it feels like it means something when a move comes off, because it's not assisted.

(And who knows what assistance these guys are using as well... after all, you cannot tell between PA1-3 from the eye easily alone.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Janguv said:

The epic music notwithstanding, I don't really get blown away seeing people play triangles in 11s with pass assistance. It's not something that requires a boatload of skill or footballing intelligence, is it? You see more remarkable football in the 11s FUMA leagues that many here play in. And it feels like it means something when a move comes off, because it's not assisted.

(And who knows what assistance these guys are using as well... after all, you cannot tell between PA1-3 from the eye easily alone.)

You couldn't resist 😂 :fishing:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Janguv said:

Boring post, how many teams do you see playing positional play football on PC?

If there were manual leagues on PC, we would play, And whatever, let them post their remarkable football I enjoy it, but you dont need to look down upon everyone who does not play manual, 

Well done you know how to play manual 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, EntraineurJDP said:

If there were manual leagues on PC, we would play, And whatever, let them post their remarkable football I enjoy it, but you dont need to look down upon everyone who does not play manual, 

Maybe not calling it "The Football Academy" - Total Football/TikiTaka Football would help in people not getting triggered by it :hawheehaw:

I would know as I am an ajacied, nobody wants to hear my self praise about how good "our" footballing ways are

More seriously though, try 1v1 on full manual against your teammates sometime. Maybe even 2v2/3v3, as a total football fan you will enjoy it for sure :up:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ZakRemoor said:

Maybe not calling it "The Football Academy" - Total Football/TikiTaka Football would help in people not getting triggered by it :hawheehaw:

I would know as I am an ajacied, nobody wants to hear my self praise about how good "our" footballing ways are

More seriously though, try 1v1 on full manual against your teammates sometime. Maybe even 2v2/3v3, as a total football fan you will enjoy it for sure :up:

This is a helpful and Frillypink post. I applaud it and wish I could be as welcoming. 

9 hours ago, EntraineurJDP said:

Oh bore off. I don't look down on people simply because they play assisted; I played assisted for years. 

I do look down on two kinds of things though: 1) high assistance settings (PA2+), and 2) people blowing their own trumpets about how beautiful their football is. 

The latter issue is naturally even worse when people are playing on assisted, because the game does so much of the work for you. So it makes claims like "Total Football" and "The Football Academy" alongside pictures of Pep Guardiola look even more f**king ridiculous. 

The former issue is of course even possibly at play in the above. If the teamplay guys there use, say, PA2 (which is super common), it makes their "total football" bragging look even more silly. 

Like a Tour de France compilation showing elite cyclists riding with stabilisers. 

• Like 1

Having looked at your profile, I can see it's probably your channel and your editing. So what I said above probably comes off as really personal and having a dig at your editing and vision (which it's not).

In light of that: carry on doing your thing. Personally would prefer to see a focus on FUMA since you also do that. And if you do assisted content, then likewise I think some more modest labelling is appropriate lol. 

But it's YouTube and people love clickbaity thumbnails. 

8 minutes ago, kenkuturagi said:

Irrespective of people's personal opinions about normal / manual settings. Thanks for taking the time to compile a cool video 👌

Yeah it is a decent video. 

We can all be thankful it's a not another Rambo PES production at least. 

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, ZakRemoor said:

It is total football? It is tiki taka? 

As I’ve said, if there were FUMA 11v11 leagues on PC, we would play, but there isn’t, so should we stop playing our style because of people like you who think FUMA players are above everyone in the world?

I play FUMA offline all the time, more than I use assisted.

no matter what you say, this is good football regardless of the PA, there are people on PA who would rather just spam balls up top which is far more easier than what we are doing, so please don’t give me that pa is doing everything for us because it isn’t, it is incredibly difficult to get a group of players to play a style vs other teams also on PA3 who just lump it forward at every chance which works better.

You could even say assisted leagues are harder because other teams don’t necessarily need skill to be good unlike FUMA where you can’t get away a with spamming through balls.

Maybe take that into consideration before telling others how to play pes.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Janguv said:

This is a helpful and Frillypink post. I applaud it and wish I could be as welcoming. 

Oh bore off. I don't look down on people simply because they play assisted; I played assisted for years. 

I do look down on two kinds of things though: 1) high assistance settings (PA2+), and 2) people blowing their own trumpets about how beautiful their football is. 

The latter issue is naturally even worse when people are playing on assisted, because the game does so much of the work for you. So it makes claims like "Total Football" and "The Football Academy" alongside pictures of Pep Guardiola look even more f**king ridiculous. 

The former issue is of course even possibly at play in the above. If the teamplay guys there use, say, PA2 (which is super common), it makes their "total football" bragging look even more silly. 

Like a Tour de France compilation showing elite cyclists riding with stabilisers. 

As I’ve said, if there were FUMA 11v11 leagues on PC, we would play, but there isn’t, so should we stop playing our style because of people like you who think FUMA players are above everyone in the world?

no matter what you say, this is good football regardless of the PA, there are people on PA who would rather just spam balls up top which is far more easier than what we are doing, so please don’t give me that pa is doing everything for us because it isn’t, it is incredibly difficult to get a group of players to play a style vs other teams also on PA3 who just lump it forward at every chance which works better.

You could even say assisted leagues are harder because other teams don’t necessarily need skill to be good unlike FUMA where you can’t get away a with spamming through balls.

3 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

:lol: high on your own farts much?

I've not told anyone how to play PES. I've just said I'm not gonna fap to some video of assisted bums playing triangles, because it's not a mean feat. 

5 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

If you really wanted to, you could play FUMA vs the assisted bums. It would be a fun challenge. But again, I'm not telling you how to play.

6 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

You could even say assisted leagues are harder because other teams don’t necessarily need skill to be good unlike FUMA where you can’t get away a with spamming through balls.

Lol. Give me a break! 

2 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

No doubt FUMA is better than PA, but maybe you guys should market yourselves better instead of arguing that FUMA is sooo great and better than everything else

What's any of this got to do with PEN's "marketing"? First of all, I don't speak for the forum, and other forum members have responded Frillypinkly to you. And second – and again – I've not said that "FUMA is so great and better than everything else".

I've just pointed out the presentation of your video was a bit jarring to me, because it looks like you're showing some sort of masterclass – which consists of assisted players passing in triangles.

Congratulations on being able to tap X and Triangle a lot :up:

19 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

19 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

It is, I'm just sayin it might trigger some people. Not telling you what to do haha :lol:

21 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

21 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

No, don't stop your way of playing. Never said that :2up:
I just suggested to TRY and play 2v2/3v3 manual online teamplay with friends sometime, because you might enjoy it haha. What did I do wrong...

25 minutes ago, EntraineurJDP said:

no matter what you say, this is good football regardless of the PA, there are people on PA who would rather just spam balls up top which is far more easier than what we are doing, so please don’t give me that pa is doing everything for us because it isn’t, it is incredibly difficult to get a group of players to play a style vs other teams also on PA3 who just lump it forward at every chance which works better.

You could even say assisted leagues are harder because other teams don’t necessarily need skill to be good unlike FUMA where you can’t get away a with spamming through balls.

I never said any of that :g:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ZakRemoor said:

I never said any of that :g:

I'm gonna be kind and say he meant to reply to me with that comment, but the quoting got messed up somehow. Had the same message pasted to both of us. More naturally applies to me, as the antagonist here :lol:

3 minutes ago, Janguv said:

I'm gonna be kind and say he meant to reply to me with that comment, but the quoting got messed up somehow. Had the same message pasted to both of us. More naturally applies to me, as the antagonist here :lol:

Aaah haha, that makes sense yeah. Thought it was weird already :lol:

2 minutes ago, ZakRemoor said:

Aaah haha, that makes sense yeah. Thought it was weird already :lol:

Yup. 

Anyway, when are you gonna move to assisted, because it's more of a challenge? 

9 minutes ago, Janguv said:

Yup. 

giphy.gif

:lol:

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Janguv said:

Yup. 

Defensively, it definitely is more of a challenge in 11v11. And Entraineur explained very well why IMO. When we played assisted 11s, pretty much all it was was lofted through balls, 1-2s etc. Harder to attack effectively like that on Manual, so he definitely has a point. 

47 minutes ago, Jookoi said:

Defensively, it definitely is more of a challenge in 11v11. And Entraineur explained very well why IMO. When we played assisted 11s, pretty much all it was was lofted through balls, 1-2s etc. Harder to attack effectively like that on Manual, so he definitely has a point. 

I'm a bit curious why... 

You/Entraineur have mentioned the sweaty attacking strategy of the opponent on assisted 11s, but I don't see why that has a bearing on how you attack? So they hoof it every time they get the ball – how does that stop you playing triangles when you have the ball?

Seems to me the only thing that interferes with tiki-taka style possession play is the opponent's defensive strategy, say by doing relentless gegenpressing etc. But that's something that can often be more easily avoided playing assisted because passing errors aren't punished as severely (you can panic-pass your way out of a press and the game is more forgiving).

I can see how the defensive side of your team's game can be more easily stunted though (say you like a high block and so the opponent spams PA3 long balls to counter targets). Just don't really see it with the attacking strategy.

9 minutes ago, Janguv said:

I'm a bit curious why... 

For lobbed through balls. Simply because you don't have to care about the power/direction of the pass if PA2/3 and not much on PA1 either. 

That's why defending is definitely more challenging on assisted than on manual. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jookoi said:

That's why defending is definitely more challenging on assisted than on manual. 

Right, don't disagree with that. I misread the meaning of your last sentence before. Thought you were talking about attacking strategies. My bad. 

Entraineur was though – e.g. this:

2 hours ago, EntraineurJDP said:

it is incredibly difficult to get a group of players to play a style vs other teams also on PA3 who just lump it forward at every chance which works better.

Doesn't really make sense to me. Might well be harder to defend the long ball style vs assisted, but that doesn't affect the ability of your team to play passing triangles in possession. So it's a bit of a non sequitur. 

I think he's mentioned this because he thought I was attacking assisted play as easier in every respect (which I didn't say, and isn't true – defending assisted balls is often harder, and that's one reason I hate higher PA levels).

All I was pointing out was that playing tiki-taka style isn't difficult on assisted levels, and so doesn't really look all that mesmerising or impressive in a compilation lol. (I mean, christ, it's even become an insult online – "ping pong" as a sweaty style ffs.)

• Like 1