I went and did my Theory Test on Wednesday and failed by only 3 marks 🙃.  Now i get the older generation didnt have anything like this from what I heard so im intrigued on how people got their licences and if they had to do a theory test before hand.

I will show my results paper in next post below so the 'old farts' know what you have to do nowadays.

• Awesome! 1

Okay it won't let me post the pic. But I scored 40 on multiple choice when I needed 43 and I scored 64/75 in hazard perception when I needed 44.

My son will be doing his test this summer. I think he's already passed his theory test. Am I right in thinking that you can do the theory test at any time?

Just now, CMYKhazi said:

My son will be doing his test this summer. I think he's already passed his theory test. Am I right in thinking that you can do the theory test at any time?

You have to do theory test before you can go and do your practical. But yeah you can fo the test as many times as you want but got to wait 3 working days between them to book another.

Failed it 1st time, mainly because I did zero prep & my sister wanted some company. Passed it the 2nd time :rock: 

Just the 5 driving tests followed before I actually managed to pass the b*****d :lol: Nerves got the better of me. Although never been done for speeding, never had an accident :smoke:

(Admittedly did get banned for 3 months for an alcohol related offence, but my driving still excellent :rock: )

• Haha 2

I did my driving and theory tests in Spain. It was translated to my by a crazy German woman but I think I managed to pass 2nd time and the driving test, 3rd time (my Spanish instructor was a chonger :lol:)

I've never actually drove a car on the left hand side in over 10 years so f**k knows how I'd get on if I ever moved back.

• Like 1

Passed the theory tests twice. First time I went so long without following up on the practical that it expired.

Second time round, I was a lot older - passed it quite easily, though I scraped through the hazard perception test by the skin of my teeth.

The practical took 3 attempts. First I was completely wet behind the ears but eager; might have even stalled it and Jersey it down the road lol. 2nd, I got 0 minors - but 1 major on the roundabouts (achillies heel for a long time), third time round, 0 majors, 2 minors (1 being hesitation IIRC) and every roundabout on the test (3 of them) was "please take the first exit, left", which was, at the time, the easiest negotiation of the larger roundabouts.

Just now, Sunzibad said:

Passed the theory tests twice. First time I went so long without following up on the practical that it expired.

Second time round, I was a lot older - passed it quite easily, though I scraped through the hazard perception test by the skin of my teeth.

The practical took 3 attempts. First I was completely wet behind the ears but eager; might have even stalled it and Jersey it down the road lol. 2nd, I got 0 minors - but 1 major on the roundabouts (achillies heel for a long time), third time round, 0 majors, 2 minors (1 being hesitation IIRC) and every roundabout on the test (3 of them) was "please take the first exit, left", which was, at the time, the easiest negotiation of the larger roundabouts.

jerked*

I’m old, passed first time in 1988 aged 18

no theory, drive for 30 minutes in Glasgow, do an emergency stop and reverse round a corner

then a few theory questions at the end and that was it

Much better system now 

27 minutes ago, Bully said:

I’m old, passed first time in 1988 aged 18

no theory, drive for 30 minutes in Glasgow, do an emergency stop and reverse round a corner

then a few theory questions at the end and that was it

Much better system now 

f**k me I wasn’t born until 1988. :lol: 

Smashed my theory out first time, only a couple of marks off 100% :cool:

Took 5 attempts on my practical :getmecoat:

• Haha 2

both times i did my license, it only took me 1 attempt for my theory AND practical :sneaky1:

did it once ages ago on the island (no highways, traffic-lights ... easy as f**k) , and then again a couple of years ago in Holland (was slightly more challenging)

2 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Took 5 attempts on my practical :getmecoat:

0656E268-D818-4265-9888-FB5BA46CCDB8.gif

• Haha 1