Exploit or not to Exploit

Nedden

So, recent discussion amongst a few of the pc league players on discord which I thought id bring to a wider audience. 

A few have been moving players to the minimal distance to block what I would call a pinged, or driven corner. 

Some players have voiced their displeasure with this as it feels unrealistic and an exploit of the game mechanics, I mean, when have you ever seen this irl? 

But, as a counter argument, that style of corner has also been labelled an exploit by those opposing. 

I've definitely seen this type of corner used irl with various degrees of success but in pes, it's easily defended most of the time in my oppinion with zonal marking. The only time it's really effective is when a defence is man to man making and ball is driven into the corridor of uncertainty. 

Is this an issue solely with the pc league on pen morals? 

And, are either of these exploits? Or just normal play that anyone can use in pen matches without feeling any guilt? 

As long as something is an super easy/hard to counter mechanic, to me is WAAC stuff and my ethics wouldn't let me go for it unless I'm facing a ruthless opponent  

4 minutes ago, GusNeib_ said:

As long as something is an super easy/hard to counter mechanic, to me is WAAC stuff and my ethics wouldn't let me go for it unless I'm facing a ruthless opponent  

What's WAAC? 

Just now, Nedden said:

What's WAAC? 

Win at all costs

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GusNeib_ said:

Win at all costs

Yes, that's it. 

For me, defending a pinged corner 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 5 would be fine. As that seems reasonable and realistic. If my opponent scores from one of these, then that's football. 

But if my opponent is deliberately denying me this type of corner at all by placing a block to prevent it, it feels like they are employing a WAAC ideology. 

1 minute ago, Nedden said:

Yes, that's it. 

For me, defending a pinged corner 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 5 would be fine. As that seems reasonable and realistic. If my opponent scores from one of these, then that's football. 

But if my opponent is deliberately denying me this type of corner at all by placing a block to prevent it, it feels like they are employing a WAAC ideology. 

Idk, I've never faced that kind of corners on my time at PEN and I've faced truly WAAC players, so maybe it's trendy in other kind of environment but not there

• Like 1

Just play the game 

I know the outswinger is a great way of almost certainly getting a goal for most 

19 minutes ago, Nedden said:

it's easily defended most of the time in my oppinion

Imo this shouldn't be the basis of determining what's an exploit or not. For example kick off exploit is easy to defend if you move the CB back at KO, long ball spam can also be easily defended if you know what you're doing. But both of those things are frowned upon not just in PEN, but in the pes community :lol: 

Nedden already knows my views on this but I'm just posting it here for others to see or disagree. I will post a link of the corner so people can see what it looks like. 

These kind of corners are way easier to score than normal curled corners, hence that's why you see these in myclub and among the "pros" and sweaty players. The only way to defend this is to block by standing as close to the corner flag and the bottom line (what is that called again??!). For me I don't have a problem with people using this kind of corners, but people shouldn't have a problem with others blocking this. Afterall, if you can only do one style of corner then the problem is on you.

32 minutes ago, Brizzle said:

Just play the game 

I know the outswinger is a great way of almost certainly getting a goal for most 

Really ? I almost never score from corners  and I normally use the outswinger 😭

2 minutes ago, Bombin said:

Imo this shouldn't be the basis of determining what's an exploit or not. For example kick off exploit is easy to defend if you move the CB back at KO, long ball spam can also be easily defended if you know what you're doing. But both of those things are frowned upon not just in PEN, but in the pes community :lol: 

Nedden already knows my views on this but I'm just posting it here for others to see or disagree. I will post a link of the corner so people can see what it looks like. 

These kind of corners are way easier to score than normal curled corners, hence that's why you see these in myclub and among the "pros" and sweaty players. The only way to defend this is to block by standing as close to the corner flag and the bottom line (what is that called again??!). For me I don't have a problem with people using this kind of corners, but people shouldn't have a problem with others blocking this. Afterall, if you can only do one style of corner then the problem is on you.

I think it's denying someone the chance to do any corners of this type in a match, which is in effect exploiting a mechanic to reduce the chances of conceding a goal.

When added with a defensive set piece tactic, the defending team can dominate these situations as a result.  These corners should be an option for both players, to allow teams a balance in their play, just like irl.

I don't have a problem with people using these corners against me as I'm more interested in scoring great goals than I am in WAAC, as long as they are in good measure and not every single time like a stuck record. 

Moving to block this corner type preemptively is not pen for me as its employing set and pre determined methods to win, which is not why I play Pen, and although I don't have an issue with it online (myclub) myself and a few others I've chatted with think it's not in the spirit of PEN which is why I've brought it up. 

For instance, there was a recent issue in pc league where one player accused another of game management, i.e. keeping the ball at all costs, over stepping the mark on skills (basically taunting) and so on.  This was within a ratio match, which wasn't particularly competitive, but still stirred up a WAAC mentality type debate. 

Anyway, hopefully we can get enough response here to either say, it's fine or, it's not to keep a consistent approach from all in the pc league before we go into matches.

6 minutes ago, kenkuturagi said:

Really ? I almost never score from corners  and I normally use the outswinger 😭

I like doing far post high ones Ken.  They don't often work, but when they do, they produce some cool goals.  Nod back across goals and volley in etc. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, GusNeib_ said:

Says the ping pong king 😂

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Brizzle said:

Just play the game 

Dan says Hi 😆 It's a lovely corner and realistic too.

14 minutes ago, Gregmeister said:

Can you teach me I score f**k all from corners :lol:

Never let Brizz teach you anything, you know how that's gonna end 😆

• Haha 1

Top spin corners isn't an exploit, it just gives higher chances because the defenders have less to position themselves right and track a player especially when the opponent marks zonally, like irl. Placing your player at the boundaries isn't an exploit either, like irl. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CMYKhazi said:

😂

Come with an assisted double press and prepare to be ping pong raped all over the place my man :mwah:

This is a can of worms , always is ..🤣

We've had ..don't take free kicks, don't move the GK , don't let ai do your defending ..

Good thread, always interesting 🤓 now I've learnt some new "moves" to score 🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, GusNeib_ said:

😂

Come with an assisted double press and prepare to be ping pong raped all over the place my man :mwah:

Lol. The fact you are saying assisted double press, I rest my case, you honour 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'd fall on Nedden's side here but then I'm one of those who says moving the GK at freekicks is sweaty. Conceding 1 or 2 in 5 corners isn't unreasonable. Doing a move which 100% blocks one option is.

If you don't want to risk conceding from corners(or freekicks), don't concede corners (or freekicks).

And don't get me started on established manual players using the target select/off ball movement for freekicks/goalkicks. Thought these guys were all about the purity of manual...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CMYKhazi said:

WTF!!

Pot, kettle, black!!

😡

• Haha 1

I almost never score from a corner, I also never switch the cursor to control / position an attacker

I thought that was frowned on here, and only a few players have used this agains me (and scored from it)