Pro Evo Network Forums

News about EFootball

7 hours ago, Oldeuboi said:

Played half a game today. Somehow they've made manual switching EVEN WORSE.

Probably in trying to fix the game on PA they've managed to break manual even more. ~90% of short passes locked on correctly in the past, now it's closer to ~50% and totally unplayable.

The end for me was passing back to the GK but autopowers the pass as if it was for an invisible defender :lol: 

Oh well. Back to the Uninstall bin.

I think you are a bit unfair. I am all in to s**t Konami for their mistakes. There are a lot of things still to be fixed and the lack of edit mode and offline modes is unforgivable but this patch is to the right direction as far as gameplay goes.

I played a couple offline games and the defensive AI is significantly improved, defenders are more aware off the ball and can actual turn this time around. 

Manual passing is not yet up to par with pes 21 but it feels better, not sure how you feel that 90% of the passes dont register to the correct player. The cursor change error is still there but I feels that is not happening as frequently.

Double tap sprint dribbling is back on the menu, dribbling skills are closer to pes 21 and manual passing feels more snappy, especially first time passing which used to be an inconvenience.

Shoulder barge still needs to be toned down a bit and the optimisation on PC is still crap.

I think that if we had friendly lobbies the game would OK for the next pen championship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

I think you are a bit unfair. I am all in to s**t Konami for their mistakes. There are a lot of things still to be fixed and the lack of edit mode and offline modes is unforgivable but this patch is to the right direction as far as gameplay goes.

I played a couple offline games and the defensive AI is significantly improved, defenders are more aware off the ball and can actual turn this time around. 

Manual passing is not yet up to par with pes 21 but it feels better, not sure how you feel that 90% of the passes dont register to the correct player. The cursor change error is still there but I feels that is not happening as frequently.

Double tap sprint dribbling is back on the menu, dribbling skills are closer to pes 21 and manual passing feels more snappy, especially first time passing which used to be an inconvenience.

Shoulder barge still needs to be toned down a bit and the optimisation on PC is still crap.

I think that if we had friendly lobbies the game would OK for the next pen championship.

Yeh, offline has been better the few times I tried it a few months back.

I think these issues purely plague online. Maybe it's a netcode thing. I meant 90% pre-this would be correct (still unacceptable imo). On this it was maybe 50% in my first online game (or 70 min of an online game).

I even recorded a passage of play where the game is constantly trying to pass to a player I don't aim/want to pass to (on manual which seems mental). It kinda showed me how on rails even manual is to cater for mobile gameplay.

3 dodgy passes out of 4 (all caused by rogue switching/manual passing being broken online). The best example was aiming a ground pass from my GK to my LB, game decides I want to pass to my LWF instead so a strange animation kicks in to make it in the air for an easy interception 😂

8 hours ago, Oldeuboi said:

Yeh, offline has been better the few times I tried it a few months back.

I think these issues purely plague online. Maybe it's a netcode thing. I meant 90% pre-this would be correct (still unacceptable imo). On this it was maybe 50% in my first online game (or 70 min of an online game).

I even recorded a passage of play where the game is constantly trying to pass to a player I don't aim/want to pass to (on manual which seems mental). It kinda showed me how on rails even manual is to cater for mobile gameplay.

3 dodgy passes out of 4 (all caused by rogue switching/manual passing being broken online). The best example was aiming a ground pass from my GK to my LB, game decides I want to pass to my LWF instead so a strange animation kicks in to make it in the air for an easy interception 😂

Skill issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've played offline and the game feels better, I cannot pinpoint the exact stuff which makes it better since I didn't play efootball for months so don't really remember, but I noticed that I get frustrated a lot less.

Online is not an option I suppose because of the netcode, momentum and the toxic playerbase... until the friendly lobbies.

21 hours ago, zeemeister said:

I am so happy people are uninstalling. I was genuinely worried 

Surely that should be a concern as it effects PEN long term, no? An broken game kills this site unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, Kaiser-1 said:

Surely that should be a concern as it effects PEN long term, no? An broken game kills this site unfortunately. 

It's not efootball that will kill PEN ;)

I think it's not a question if we would have a league if only they added the friendly lobby option... cross-play would be a cherry on top because without it PC league would not have enough players as it seems atm. :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShakaRAMa said:

I think it's not a question if we would have a league if only they added the friendly lobby option... cross-play would be a cherry on top because without it PC league would not have enough players as it seems atm. :D

The potential is massive. 

We just need those 1v1 invites and it's a go baby. Whoever doesn't like the game will have to move on as many seem to have done.

I know of a good few efootball players that will join a manual league setup like we have here.

We can't change what happened but we can make use of what's there (when it gets here eventually :fishing:) and move ahead. 

There is no doubt this is going to be a long process, here's hoping it is soon. 

31 minutes ago, EagleLM said:

fully agree ! Any member who  really loves this community , should be willing to make a sacrifice and play a not so good game in order to keep the community running ! i hate FIFA but if we have no other solution but jump the wall to the other side , i'll do it cos my priority is to see this community in "good health" :pen:  

apologies for my poor English

Love you and PEN but fifa bro :dr_evil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oldeuboi said:

I also agree with the sentiment. We tried to get a FIFA FUMA league going but I think only one or two games got played 😢

I wish others cared as much for the community considering FIFA was free with PS+ and has all the tools we need! More than happy to play some slower paced FUMA matches on a game that works online now 2021 is shut down.

We should be open to the idea that eFootball is highly unlikely to be a game for communities based on the plethora of Konami blunders throughout the past 2 years. It's not like they've given us reason to have faith.

Instead we go around and around with more and more people leaving PEN because of Konami f**king it up.

spot on mate :up:

• Like 1

well I played the PC and xbox version for a good few hours over the last day or so and I have to admit it does feel like PES again!

I actually really enjoyed it and look forward to the master league add on so we can get PEN up and running again!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zeemeister said:

It's not efootball that will kill PEN ;)

Well it is. No online modes “yet” that allows this community and the 11v11 to play. Completely deviated from their roadmap. Can only see them doing it as a “Dream team Vs Dream team”. 

But if guys keep spending, why should they care. All about those “exclusive” deals with teams now that FIFA can’t get. More content like the MLS and Mexican leagues that we can’t play as a stand alone league. 

• Like 2

Playing efootball is like making love to a beautiful woman. Even though you are pressing the right buttons, the outcome isn't what you expect

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, djquantum said:

Playing efootball is like making love to a beautiful woman. Even though you are pressing the right buttons, the outcome isn't what you expect

I feel sorry for you mate ! :( I think you should come to this part of  world and taste our local "fruit" ! Ladies here are killers :hyper:

• Good Lord! 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kaiser-1 said:

Well it is. No online modes “yet” that allows this community and the 11v11 to play. Completely deviated from their roadmap. Can only see them doing it as a “Dream team Vs Dream team”. 

But if guys keep spending, why should they care. All about those “exclusive” deals with teams now that FIFA can’t get. More content like the MLS and Mexican leagues that we can’t play as a stand alone league. 

Exactly.

Konami should rightfully be mocked for shouting about their hilariously average "AC Milan Training Kit" while having a barely functioning title.

Seems they spend more time talking about the sponsorship deals they make than any kind of roadmap towards a decent next gen title. Instead of investing in making the game playable, this is where they're putting their money.

• Like 3