eFootball - Manual Passing Issues

Janguv

1 hour ago, miken333 said:

So I played efootball 23 last night for the first time and I have to say I am surprised at the improvements. It feels closer to PES than ever. I could think of criticisms but overall we have the basis for a game we can play and enjoy. All we need is 1 v 1 and hopefully access to 3 star rated teams. There is a whole rack of leagues listed in Dream team, if they could only release them as playable squads that would make a difference and I would not mind paying for it, we can get playing and save the PEN squads until Master league arrives in 2023 (fingers crossed) 

Just have to wait out this gap I suppose. 

In the meantime gonna hack about in Dream team with a semi slaggy team to give me hope against the slagmeisters and tactical players. Can see some starting the possession game if 1 0 up with 20 to go. 

Are you playing manual, mate? I tried a game the other night and had about 6 target locking errors in one half :( Stopped counting after that. Was the main thing I hoped they'd fix, but seems they left it entirely. 

I've heard PA1 is fine (or Level 3 as it now is); maybe a league using that would be okay. No interest in playing assisted any more mysef tho. 

4 hours ago, Janguv said:

Are you playing manual, mate? I tried a game the other night and had about 6 target locking errors in one half :( Stopped counting after that. Was the main thing I hoped they'd fix, but seems they left it entirely. 

I've heard PA1 is fine (or Level 3 as it now is); maybe a league using that would be okay. No interest in playing assisted any more mysef tho. 

Yep played PA1 as all the slagmeisters would do also. Guess I am less of a purist than most and would be happy to play Assisted or manual with PEN buddies 

• Like 3

I’m on PA1 just now. I feel manual has far to many variables and locking issues. I’m enjoying it atm, not going to lie, but maybe I’m playing the right type of players. Not met too many arseholes yet. 

playing  legend  and it  rocks  so much better  than superstar   try it buds  !!! 

manual all  the way   and no locking issues  (whatever   that is :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hulk said:

That's when you aim for a player and the game switches to a different player than intended, often stopping a move in its tracks.

(On assisted, this would be annoying, but you'd have the ball still in most cases and be in control; on manual, it completely throws you, and the player selected might be quite a way from the ball, and your directional input is wrong because you're expecting the player it should go to.)

If you're mostly playing long and/or playing to feet, it's not obvious. If you're playing into space and playing short passes, it's very obvious. 

It would actually be hell right now if they enabled team play. We got target locking errors on recent PES too, but nowhere near as bad as this. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Hulk said:

playing  legend  and it  rocks  so much better  than superstar   try it buds  !!! 

You and me both bud.

7 hours ago, Worrisome Owl said:

I did have some issues with some short manual passes, that I just consistently couldn’t get to go where I wanted & the wrong player seemed to lock onto it.

Does anyone have a formation that’s seems to stop the game turning into a basket ball match? As I’ve tried a couple but the midfield does just seem wide open and it’s end to end. 

Two biggest issues for me right there. The target locking on manual is criminal and you basically can't play a possession based approach with short passes into space. 

Midfield completely missing. But that's a legacy issue in my view. Can't remember the last PES where it was half decent on this front – 2017 maybe. FIFA is crap at this too, unless you're offline and using sliders. I'm sure it's deliberate because it's what the competitive online crowd want: action and goals, where midfield battles just get in the way of it. Sad times. 

Glad you're getting at least something out the game aside though. 

12 hours ago, Janguv said:

Two biggest issues for me right there. The target locking on manual is criminal and you basically can't play a possession based approach with short passes into space. 

Midfield completely missing. But that's a legacy issue in my view. Can't remember the last PES where it was half decent on this front – 2017 maybe. FIFA is crap at this too, unless you're offline and using sliders. I'm sure it's deliberate because it's what the competitive online crowd want: action and goals, where midfield battles just get in the way of it. Sad times. 

Glad you're getting at least something out the game aside though. 

It feels you are not actually playing the game. Its far from perfect but it has been improved.

I play with my 2400 team against 2600+ sweaty mf and I average 75% pass completion on fuma. Yes, possession is not easy online but it never had been in the past as a result of ridiculously OP cards but I also played against fuma players and the games are fun.

Criticising is a good thing but you have an unjustified grudge against the game. I was on the same boat a couple months ago but I can see bug improvements. They surely prioritize the online modes and neglect the offline ones but lobbies is something that WILL be available shortly and we can only hope that offline modes will follow 

The gameplay is improved and that is undisputed. I can share some online games if you want and see that the game is not as bad as you say it is.

As far as I am concerned everyone in here wants a game that will work for pen and the game on its current state and the addition of lobbies will kinda revive the leagues.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

It feels you are not actually playing the game. Its far from perfect but it has been improved.

I play with my 2400 team against 2600+ sweaty mf and I average 75% pass completion on fuma. Yes, possession is not easy online but it never had been in the past as a result of ridiculously OP cards but I also played against fuma players and the games are fun.

Criticising is a good thing but you have an unjustified grudge against the game. I was on the same boat a couple months ago but I can see bug improvements. They surely prioritize the online modes and neglect the offline ones but lobbies is something that WILL be available shortly and we can only hope that offline modes will follow 

The gameplay is improved and that is undisputed. I can share some online games if you want and see that the game is not as bad as you say it is.

As far as I am concerned everyone in here wants a game that will work for pen and the game on its current state and the addition of lobbies will kinda revive the leagues.

I've only had the chance to play 1 match of the latest release. In that match, there were countless target lock errors. It definitely affects some people more than others depending on how you like to play possession (or whether at all). And bothers some more than others. Other people are bringing it up, not just me, e.g. Worrisome and Roco. 

I can't say yet whether general bug improvements are good enough to override the annoyance of that big FUMA bug. But it's okay to be annoyed by it, or not to be. Personally, I find it pretty gamebreaking for my style of play, because it stops moves in their tracks, several times a match. If it's not gamebreaking for you, that's okay too. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone that it should be a problem for you.

The other issue I was talking about is an empty midfield, and my gripe with that can't be put down to some unjustified grievance: I'm saying it's a long term feature of this franchise and FIFA too. 

I'm open to the idea that the gameplay has improved even if they've left untouched the target locking bug. That remains to be seen. 

9 minutes ago, Janguv said:

I've only had the chance to play 1 match of the latest release. In that match, there were countless target lock errors. It definitely affects some people more than others depending on how you like to play possession (or whether at all). And bothers some more than others. Other people are bringing it up, not just me, e.g. Worrisome and Roco. 

I can't say yet whether general bug improvements are good enough to override the annoyance of that big FUMA bug. But it's okay to be annoyed by it, or not to be. Personally, I find it pretty gamebreaking for my style of play, because it stops moves in their tracks, several times a match. If it's not gamebreaking for you, that's okay too. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone that it should be a problem for you.

The other issue I was talking about is an empty midfield, and my gripe with that can't be put down to some unjustified grievance: I'm saying it's a long term feature of this franchise and FIFA too. 

I'm open to the idea that the gameplay has improved even if they've left untouched the target locking bug. That remains to be seen. 

That was a typo, I meant big not bug. You have a pretty strong view from just one game so I dont really see how can we can actually discuss constructively the new patch.

I will record a game when I have time to process it just to show you how big of an exaggeration saying that there are countless target lock errors.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

That was a typo, I meant big not bug. You have a pretty strong view from just one game so I dont really see how can we can actually discuss constructively the new patch.

I will record a game when I have time to process it just to show you how big of an exaggeration saying that there are countless target lock errors.

I don't have a strong view on the new patch. I knew how prevalent it was in older patches from playing them enough. I have no time to turn on the console these days, so have only fitted in one game, and I just wanted to see if they addressed it. They clearly haven't. I recorded that, and if i get time to show the errors I'll do that also. 

I've seen others mention it here and on evoweb, so it's clearly still there and a problem. Again, it's okay if it's not a problem for you though. 

For me, it's just very disappointing the bug is still there, because for me it's a very big one, but I've nothing against others looking past it or finding other ways of playing that trigger it less. 

I don't think I'm being unconstructive here in putting those points across. 

• Haha 1

Actually gave it another go just now.

Online. About 10 locking/switching issues in one game playing FUMA. Haven't tried offline.

Drew 1-1 but conceded directly after a switching issue where my LB passed into space in front of my DMF, locked on to RWF, they intercepted with my whole team going forwards and scored.

Interestingly, when I play longer passes or passes to feet, it works. It's just passes into space where players are running/near to.

Whatever anyone says, this s**t never happened this bad before the latest update.

This makes it totally unplayable for me until they fix it.

I'll try offline and see if the same happens but the connection was good.

25 minutes ago, Oldeuboi said:

Actually gave it another go just now.

Online. About 10 locking/switching issues in one game playing FUMA. Haven't tried offline.

Drew 1-1 but conceded directly after a switching issue where my LB passed into space in front of my DMF, locked on to RWF, they intercepted with my whole team going forwards and scored.

Interestingly, when I play longer passes or passes to feet, it works. It's just passes into space where players are running/near to.

Whatever anyone says, this s**t never happened this bad before the latest update.

This makes it totally unplayable for me until they fix it.

I'll try offline and see if the same happens but the connection was good.

The game I played was offline and it happened to me. I doubt it's particularly an online thing though? Why would it be? It's a bug in the fundamental pass receiver logic.

My guess is it's because they designed the passing for (a) high assist first and (b) for frantic competitive online play. So it makes sense that balls going to feet and longer forward balls work better. You can kinda see it when the target is incorrect too: it'll often select the forwards instead of midfielders who are closer to the ball haha. 

That's why you get those infuriating "offsides" too :lol: I think even assisted players have spoken about that. 

For what it's worth: it didn't feel worse than in matches on previous builds to me. Just the same. I don't think they've looked at it at all. 

Manual players who like to play short balls into space: 0.001% of their target demographic, I imagine!

23 minutes ago, Janguv said:

The game I played was offline and it happened to me. I doubt it's particularly an online thing though? Why would it be? It's a bug in the fundamental pass receiver logic.

My guess is it's because they designed the passing for (a) high assist first and (b) for frantic competitive online play. So it makes sense that balls going to feet and longer forward balls work better. You can kinda see it when the target is incorrect too: it'll often select the forwards instead of midfielders who are closer to the ball haha. 

That's why you get those infuriating "offsides" too :lol: I think even assisted players have spoken about that. 

For what it's worth: it didn't feel worse than in matches on previous builds to me. Just the same. I don't think they've looked at it at all. 

Manual players who like to play short balls into space: 0.001% of their target demographic, I imagine!

Yeh I tried offline and although the game felt a bit better paced (using 3* teams I guess), the exact same switch bug happened almost identically 🤣

Passing into space in front of CMF, switches and locks on to LWF this time. Completely ruining a counter opportunity in the last minute.

Just now, DavoteK said:

6 out of the last 9 posts in a thread about Dream Team are about the same passing issue. 

Things that make you go hmmmm

For a nonsensical apparent issue that is purely based on being not gud at a game you don't or hardly play :lol:

You cannot make this up

ive not been following in to much depth guys and i have not played efootball very much...

i am curious though. could it be the cameras being used having more of an issue for some than others

for example closer camera may make the angles work differently than say coop / blimp or whatever

yes, it shouldn't make a difference but would like to know if @Oldeuboi @Janguv using similar camera and is diff to others..

5 minutes ago, Bitter_rivals said:

ive not been following in to much depth guys and i have not played efootball very much...

i am curious though. could it be the cameras being used having more of an issue for some than others

for example closer camera may make the angles work differently than say coop / blimp or whatever

yes, it shouldn't make a difference but would like to know if @Oldeuboi @Janguv using similar camera and is diff to others..

I am using fan view camera and on this patch I get games that target lock goes wrong a couple times and some games that it doesn't occur at all.

I haven't used any other camera but I think it might also be related to lag on online games. Lag always made cursor change act funny, even on the PES days.

Can't even get past the menu screen

Feel like Cumberbatch in The Imitation game ffs

12 minutes ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

I am using fan view camera and on this patch I get games that target lock goes wrong a couple times and some games that it doesn't occur at all.

I haven't used any other camera but I think it might also be related to lag on online games. Lag always made cursor change act funny, even on the PES days.

Ye throw in lag on Pes and I’m done 😆 

28 minutes ago, Bitter_rivals said:

Good question. I started off on my usual stadium custom (zoom out to max), but switched to dynamic wide for something with a consistent angle. Could try fan view one and see if it helps. I suspect it's not related much to camera settings though; it feels like you're fighting against a selection logic that values other kinds of play than what you have in mind, if that makes sense?

• DavoteK changed the title to eFootball - Manual Passing Issues