Jump to content
Pro Evo Network Forums

New League Brainstorm Ideas


LTAssassN
 Share

Recommended Posts

With a new league on the horizon I had a couple ideas & saw some floating around on the forums recently.

as I assume we are doing a full reset of all leagues and DB/ team parameters maybe a few things we could do to make it more interesting.

1. Some sort of lottery draft to be able to pick any one Pen rated player- random lottery for draft position to be able to pick.

2. A one player keeper from our PES teams —Choose one player to carry through your new team 

3. Since we don’t have the entire pool of players that will be at our disposal in the market I thought it might be cool if everyone would be able to pitch 1-3 players that they would like to see in the PEN database given to any team so that way they’d be able to go after them in the market once spreadsheets are done 

 

Anyone have any other cool ideas? Or information on structure when we get started.

id be willing to help out in any way if need be. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LTAssassN said:

With a new league on the horizon I had a couple ideas & saw some floating around on the forums recently.

as I assume we are doing a full reset of all leagues and DB/ team parameters maybe a few things we could do to make it more interesting.

1. Some sort of lottery draft to be able to pick any one Pen rated player- random lottery for draft position to be able to pick.

2. A one player keeper from our PES teams —Choose one player to carry through your new team 

3. Since we don’t have the entire pool of players that will be at our disposal in the market I thought it might be cool if everyone would be able to pitch 1-3 players that they would like to see in the PEN database given to any team so that way they’d be able to go after them in the market once spreadsheets are done 

 

Anyone have any other cool ideas? Or information on structure when we get started.

id be willing to help out in any way if need be. 

Love it ..LT let's brainstorm :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This one is kinda out there but maybe if we had an entire database/ list of players to select from, a full length Fantasy Draft for league teams. 
 

have a draft night and everyone gets a random position, the picks snake round after round (first pick first round is last pick second round, last pick first round is first pick second round)

if anyone is familiar with NFL fantasy draft, that’s how it works generally. Everyone on a timer for picks each round 1-2 minutes to enter your pick. 
 

would give everyone the chance to pick their roster from top down. Would involve draft strategy as well. Depending on what positions are valued more important and what round you’d pick those certain positions compared to others. 
 

i know this is a long shot and would take some work to get that done, just throwing it out there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LTAssassN said:

This one is kinda out there but maybe if we had an entire database/ list of players to select from, a full length Fantasy Draft for league teams. 
 

have a draft night and everyone gets a random position, the picks snake round after round (first pick first round is last pick second round, last pick first round is first pick second round)

if anyone is familiar with NFL fantasy draft, that’s how it works generally. Everyone on a timer for picks each round 1-2 minutes to enter your pick. 
 

would give everyone the chance to pick their roster from top down. Would involve draft strategy as well. Depending on what positions are valued more important and what round you’d pick those certain positions compared to others. 
 

i know this is a long shot and would take some work to get that done, just throwing it out there 

I've done NFL fantasy drafts in a league with just 8 of us that took 2 hours... I dread to think how long the entire site picking a squad of 18 players would take. That said, it would be interesting!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LTAssassN said:

This one is kinda out there but maybe if we had an entire database/ list of players to select from, a full length Fantasy Draft for league teams. 
 

have a draft night and everyone gets a random position, the picks snake round after round (first pick first round is last pick second round, last pick first round is first pick second round)

if anyone is familiar with NFL fantasy draft, that’s how it works generally. Everyone on a timer for picks each round 1-2 minutes to enter your pick. 
 

would give everyone the chance to pick their roster from top down. Would involve draft strategy as well. Depending on what positions are valued more important and what round you’d pick those certain positions compared to others. 
 

i know this is a long shot and would take some work to get that done, just throwing it out there 

Frillypink one but realistically it needs a great amount of coordination. Maybe something similar to be able to draft our star players or some players in our squad?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Gale_Kast said:

I've done NFL fantasy drafts in a league with just 8 of us that took 2 hours... I dread to think how long the entire site picking a squad of 18 players would take. That said, it would be interesting!

 

8 minutes ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

Frillypink one but realistically it needs a great amount of coordination. Maybe something similar to be able to draft our star players or some players in our squad?

 

yeah, a full squad draft seems way too hard to do. I do like the idea of a 1-3 pick draft though, would eliminate the issue taking too much time for draft and all the extra coordination it would take behind the scenes.

I'm sure there's a program i could look into or create a spreadsheet of available players that are PEN friendly obviously 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about this,

We get to draft our star player (if its only one), the picking order is decided randomly like other drafts in the past but to make it more fair for the people choosing last each star player has a a PENce coefficient.

So if you choose one of the top players you need to pay some PENce, if you pick one of the worse players you receive some PENce, and some players will not have any PENce transaction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

How about this,

We get to draft our star player (if its only one), the picking order is decided randomly like other drafts in the past but to make it more fair for the people choosing last each star player has a a PENce coefficient.

So if you choose one of the top players you need to pay some PENce, if you pick one of the worse players you receive some PENce, and some players will not have any PENce transaction.

i like that idea, makes sense. keep them coming :psmoke:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about a committee decide upon the best collection of players to make a team. Everyone uses that team. Even playing field. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, djquantum said:

How about a committee decide upon the best collection of players to make a team. Everyone uses that team. Even playing field. 

That's put a lock to the transfer market, one of the most fun aspects of the league.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, djquantum said:

How about a committee decide upon the best collection of players to make a team. Everyone uses that team. Even playing field. 

are you alluding to every person using the same exact team? or are you saying the committee makes a team for everyone specifically (as has been done before)?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2022 at 12:11 AM, LTAssassN said:

are you alluding to every person using the same exact team? or are you saying the committee makes a team for everyone specifically (as has been done before)?

 

Everyone uses the same team

  • Like 1
  • Awesome! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, mowgli77 said:

1 x 78-80 rated

3 X 75-77 rated

5 X 72-74 rated

6 X 69-71 rated

3 X 68 and under rated

Squad strength up to 2200

(stops anyone having 7 really low rated bench players)

A suggestion above for a squad of 18 players. 
Can swap out 3 players a month. (Set dates)

Wouldn’t be able to have a transfer market but would have a league format. 

 

Quite like that with the current setup that we have.

The ultimate goal is ML teams and full transfer market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, mowgli77 said:

1 x 78-80 rated

3 X 75-77 rated

5 X 72-74 rated

6 X 69-71 rated

3 X 68 and under rated

Squad strength up to 2200

(stops anyone having 7 really low rated bench players)

A suggestion above for a squad of 18 players. 
Can swap out 3 players a month. (Set dates)

Wouldn’t be able to have a transfer market but would have a league format. 

 

How would that work re: training? 
 

that’s the variable I’m struggling with, train a players teamstyle and it skews ratings/team strength

or would the players simply be used as is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bully said:

How would that work re: training? 
 

that’s the variable I’m struggling with, train a players teamstyle and it skews ratings/team strength

or would the players simply be used as is?

I think it would be better to quit training altogether. Just get a good manager and pick players that suit the playstyle you are after, at least until we get edit mode.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bully said:

How would that work re: training? 
 

that’s the variable I’m struggling with, train a players teamstyle and it skews ratings/team strength

or would the players simply be used as is?

Yeah if you're only using players in a friendly mode there's no Stát updates 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DavoteK said:

Quite like that with the current setup that we have.

The ultimate goal is ML teams and full transfer market. 

Yes only saw that as a temporary measure to get some leagues up and running. Not sure how long we’ll have to wait for master league? Any updates on that mode?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bully said:

How would that work re: training? 
 

that’s the variable I’m struggling with, train a players teamstyle and it skews ratings/team strength

or would the players simply be used as is?

Could use as is but if someone wants to train players to raise that play style they’ll risk going over the 2200 cap so it’s then risk v reward, how much does someone want to increase play style. Also makes you think about the players you add because if you’ve got a manager with possession as main play style you wouldn’t then want loads of players with really low rating for that style unless you were going to train them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mowgli77 said:

Yes only saw that as a temporary measure to get some leagues up and running. Not sure how long we’ll have to wait for master league? Any updates on that mode?

Sometime in 2023 so it wont be available anytine soon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DavoteK said:

Quite like that with the current setup that we have.

The ultimate goal is ML teams and full transfer market. 

Think it makes people think a bit too, some might go for 80 rated CF and others might opt for an 80 rated GK. I’ve never understood people having 82 rated star right backs etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

Sometime in 2023 so it wont be available anytine soon 

In that case our options are very limited aren’t they? If we opted for something like the above format we could probably sign up, submit teams and be up and running by mid November. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mowgli77 said:

In that case our options are very limited aren’t they? If we opted for something like the above format we could probably sign up, submit teams and be up and running by mid November. 

We will need a lot of limitations with minimal training to run a league at the current format. Someone with a lot of gp should maybe test minimum playstyle ratings which will not affect the players stats and keep it as the initial ovr on the base card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BatrielGabistuta said:

We will need a lot of limitations with minimal training to run a league at the current format. Someone with a lot of gp should maybe test minimum playstyle ratings which will not affect the players stats and keep it as the initial ovr on the base card.

Anything between 70-80 team spirit keeps the players stats at the original overall

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...